So after reading Melissa’s blogs all about intuition, signs, and things being “meant to be” I feel like I just received a sign right now.

So Bryan and I have had our house up for sale since May, and lately we’ve been feeling really discouraged because it hasn’t sold yet, and because not many people are coming to take a look at it, and most of all we feel like our agent has kind of abandoned/given up on us.  We debated switching to another agent, but then something happened.

A couple of weeks ago I came across a long-term substitute position opening at the elementary school where I used to work.  I taught first grade there for 3 years, and the long term sub position was in first grade!  And the dates would work out extremely well for me – mid-October through December (up to Christmas break) which would be really convenient since it would guarantee me a job for the rest of the fall semester.  The bonuses were that the school hours fit with my grad school class times, I would enjoy getting to work in a familiar environment with teachers who I was friends with years ago, and it would only be 2 1/2 months so it wouldn’t be like getting stuck there for a whole year.  Plus if there ever was a long-term sub position that I was qualified for, it was this one.  Oh, and the school is 5 minutes from our house.

So Bryan and I talked it over, and decided I had to apply.  It was too good of an opportunity to pass it up.  I was basically a shoo-in.  I mean, really.  I have glowing references from the school where I worked last year plus my tutoring job, plus how could they find anyone more qualified than me for that exact position?  Bryan and I decided that if I got that job, we would take the house off the market and re-list it in the spring with a new agent (because we wouldn’t be able to move if I did get that position because there’s no way I could commute from Holly Springs back up here every day).

We waited and waited… nothing.  Over a week went by.  Hmmm.  So last Friday we decided since I hadn’t heard from them, I probably didn’t get the job, which is why we decided to go ahead and discuss possibly keeping the house on the market and switching agents now.

So just now, my phone rang.  I wasn’t familiar with the number but had just called a doctor this morning and thought maybe they were returning my call, so I answered.  “Well, hey girl!  How are you doing?”  ummmm, fine?  (who is this??)  “It’s ___ ___!!”  (Ohhh!  The assistant principal from my old school!  Ah ha!  So here’s the call!)  So, as it turned out, she had recommended the position to someone else already.  And she wanted to know if I’d be interested in a long-term sub position for Jan-Feb instead, but no-can-do because this spring I’ll be doing my part-time internship which means I’ll only be able to sub maybe 3 days a week at most at that point.

So that was my sign.  We’re in the clear.  I posted on FB yesterday and got a bunch of recommendations for other agents to contact… and I feel like we have to do it.  So now we just have to figure out how to break it to our current agent… I’ve never fired someone before!  And it’s hard because I really like the guy!  He’s just not selling our house.

Oh, also, last night I finally went through our budget.  That was the other thing we had decided must be done in order to make our decision of whether to keep the house on the market or not.  We needed to figure out if we could honestly afford to move at this point.  Well, after much analyzing and Excel spreadsheet-making, I determined that yes, in fact, we definitely could afford to move because the new house wouldn’t actually change our monthly bills by more than a few hundred dollars, and we should be able to swing that.  So that was decided last night.  Now today’s phone call was basically the icing on the decision cake.

I REALLY REALLY want to move before Thanksgiving because we have 5 people coming from out of town (Bryan’s parents, my mom and Tom, and my sister), plus we’ll have Talan, and I would love to have a bigger house with more space for guests to stay with us plus a larger dining room where we can really have room to seat everyone for the big dinner.

In my meditation a few months ago, which was the inspiration for the name of this blog, my spirit guides assured me that they saw us moving before Thanksgiving.  But then again, their sense of time can be different from ours, so I always knew that that could mean Thanksgiving 2011 or it could mean Thanksgiving 2012.  But I’m hoping for 2011.  Here was Thanksgiving 2009.  It’s doable, but crowded to have Thanksgiving at our townhouse (we’ve done it twice now).  I’m ready for a bigger house!

Their main advice to me was to enjoy the process.  Enjoy the process of looking for a home.  Enjoy the process of selling our home (as much as you can enjoy that…).  So I’ve been trying.  Trying to enjoy.  And I’ve found a house that I really, really want to buy.  Haven’t even seen it in person yet, but I love it so much.  I love its potential.  I love so many things about it.  I love the fact that it has room for us to grow.  I love that I can see us being happy there for the next 10 years.  I love that it’s totally in our price range.  In my meditation, my spirit guides also told me that when I set foot inside the house that was meant for us, I would know it immediately.  I would feel so excited I might jump up and down.  I would know that it was “the one” without a doubt.  And they told me that our house would come on the market and be ready for us when the time was right for us to get it.  I hope that time is now…

 

*** UPDATE***

Since I posted this about 1.5 hours ago, I have an update!  Another sign?  Maybe.  I have been having the hardest time figuring out where to do my internships for counseling since I really want to be in a private practice type setting, and there just aren’t a lot of those offering career counseling.

Today I took the day off from work to force myself to start calling places about possibly interning for them because I’ve been paralyzed by fear and have been putting this off for many months.  Now it’s down to the wire, so I forced myself to call 2 places so far today (there aren’t a whole lot to choose from).

Well, one of them just called me back, and he sounds really interested – he said he was hoping to get an intern!  The *sign* aspect?  His office is in Fuquay – only 15 mins from the dream house.  42 mins from our current house.  Therefore, we have to move because that commute would totally suck from our current house.  But from our *new* house it would be an awesome commute!

I meet with him on Thursday afternoon to discuss!

Advertisements